Floyd Casey Stadium is a college football stadium in Waco, Texas. It is the home stadium of the Baylor University Bears football team. It opened in 1950 with a game against the University of Houston and has a seating capacity of 50,000 fans. It is located about four miles from the Baylor University campus.
Originally known as Baylor Football Stadium, the Floyd Casey Stadium received its name at halftime of the Homecoming game on November 5, 1988, when it was renamed for Floyd Casey by his son, longtime booster Carl B. Casey of Dallas, who gave $5 million towards an $8 million renovation project.
Floyd Casey Stadium has a long history of renovations. In 1998, the stadium installed SportGrass, a leading natural grass surface. In 2005, the Floyd Casey Stadium underwent massive renovations to extend the Grant Teaff Plaza to memorialize Baylor’s most prestigious head coach, Grant Teaff.
The extended plaza created much-needed updates to its facade. There are ongoing efforts to build a brand new $250 million stadium on the Brazos River in Waco. Learn more about the new Baylor Stadium.